en

Biała Podlaska, St. Anne's Church

You can add images!
Date from:
00.00.1572
Address:
Warszawska 3, 21-500 Biała Podlaska
Phone:
+48 833435184
e-mail:
info@anna-bp.pl
Homepage:
Political territory:
Biała Podlaska County, Lublin Voivodeship, Poland
Categories:
Church, National heritage site
Coordinates:
52.032925267546,23.117564096992

St. Anne's Church, in Biała Podlaska, Poland is a Baroque Roman Catholic church. It was originally built in 1572, on the site of an earlier shrine, as a Protestant church dedicated to the Arianism doctrine. The Protestants were expelled in 1596 by Mikołaj Krzysztof "the Orphan" Radziwiłł. Between 1597-1603 it was rebuilt as a Catholic church, being dedicated to Saint Anne in 1603. The church is built in the shape of a Latin cross.

In a Flèche Katarzyna Sobieska, the sister of King of Poland and wife propreator of Biała Michał Kazimierz Radziwiłł, installed Crescent under a cross in memory Battle of Vienna.

Near church remain too:

  • wooden vicar house "Wikarówka" in 18th century, roof shingle
  • bell tower in 1765
  • presbytery in 1750, wooden building line with bricks in 1803 year.

Distinctive emblem for cultural property.svg A/58 - 07.08.1956 y. and 19.11.1966 y.

 

Sources: wikipedia.org

Events

No events

Pievienot notikumu

Assigned persons

Vārds Dzimis Miris Langs
not setMikołaj Krzysztof "the Orphan" RadziwiłłMikołaj Krzysztof "the Orphan" Radziwiłł02.08.154928.02.1616de, en, fr, lt, pl, ru

Pievienot personu